Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. They govern the relationship between you and JOLT Mobile GSM ((NET) Network Enhanced Technologies, Inc.) and explain our respective legal rights concerning all aspects of our relationship. IF YOU USE THE SERVICE OR THE WIRELESS DEVICE, YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SERVICE OR PHONE AND NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY TO CANCEL SERVICE. This is an agreement ("Agreement") for wireless radio telecommunications services and related services and/or features ("Service") between you and the entity licensed by the Federal Communications Commission to provide Service in the area associated with your assigned telephone, data and/or messaging number(s) ("Number") that is doing business as JOLT Mobile GSM, ("us" or "we"). The term "Device" means wireless receiving and transmitting equipment that we have authorized to be programmed with the Number.
- A. Availability/Interruption. JOLT Mobile customers have access to nationwide GSM coverage under the agreement between JOLT Mobile and its underlying carrier. Plan Terms Applicable to JOLT Mobile. Please review the coverage map, which shows a general representation of wireless coverage. The areas shown are proximate. This map may include areas served by unaffiliated carriers and may depict their licensed area rather than an approximation of their coverage. Actual coverage may vary and depends on system availability and system capacity, system repairs and modifications, customer's equipment, terrain, signal strength, weather and other conditions. (NET) NETWORK ENHANCED TECHNOLOGIES does not guarantee coverage or network availability. GSM wireless features require a compatible GSM 850/1900 dual, tri, or quad band phone, are only available in the GSM features area, and may require local telephone company support and message sender access to computer and modem. Not all features or Service offerings are available. Charges will be based on the location of the site receiving and transmitting the call, not your location. Rates apply to calls made within the JOLT Mobile Coverage Area. Your phone's display does not indicate the rate you will be charged.
- B. Use of Service/Device/Number. Reproduction, retransmission, dissemination or resale of Service is prohibited without prior written contractual arrangements from (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies, Inc. and any required regulatory approvals. You are responsible for ensuring that your Device is compatible with our Service and meets federal standards. You are responsible for the purchase and maintenance of any additional hardware, software and/or Internet access from your PC required to use the Service. You consent to receiving advertising, alerts and other broadcast messages from (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies, Inc. or our authorized agents. You have no ownership rights to the Number, any IP address, any e-mail address or any other identifier provisioned by us, our agents or the manufacturer of your Device to be used with the Service, and you agree we may change any such Number, IP address, e-mail address or any other identifier at any time with or without prior notice to you. Any Device purchased through our program has been manufactured to operate exclusively with Service provided by us. The Device cannot be activated with any other wireless carrier. By using Service, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of any applicable software license.
- C. Unauthorized Usage. You agree not to use the Device or Service for any unlawful, unauthorized or abusive purpose or in any way that damages our property or others' property, or interferes with, harms or disrupts our system or other operators' systems or other users. You will comply with all laws while using the Service and you will not transmit any communication or data that would violate any laws, court order, or regulation, or would likely be offensive to the recipient. You are responsible for all content you transmit using the Service. You may not install any amplifiers, enhancers, repeaters or other devices that modify, disrupt or interfere in any way with the radio frequency licensed to us to provide Service. If your Device, user name or password is stolen or Service is fraudulently used, you must immediately notify us and provide us with such documentation and information as we may request (including affidavits and police reports). Until you notify us, you will remain responsible for all charges. We have the right to interrupt or restrict Service to your Number, without notice to you, if we suspect fraudulent, illegal, or abusive activity. You agree to cooperate with us in any fraud investigation and to use any fraud prevention measures we prescribe. Failure to provide reasonable cooperation may result in your liability for all fraudulent usage.
- E. Your Rights to End This Agreement. You may terminate your Service at any time by notifying us of your intention to terminate Service. There is no penalty or termination fee; however, it may take up to 30 days to process the termination request and the balance remaining in your account is forfeited upon termination of Service. Your Service will resume and the termination request will be cancelled if you use your Service prior to our processing your termination notification.
III. UNLIMITED USAGE
- A. Generally. You are responsible for paying all charges, including but not limited to: airtime, access, features, voice mail access, voice mail delivery, data usage, text messages, downloadable content, alerts, roaming, long distance, directory and operator assistance charges, the price of Devices and accessories, charges for other goods and services and shipping/handling fees. You will be billed at domestic airtime or roaming rates (please refer to rate card) for 800, 866, 877, 888, and other "toll free" calls. Applicable international charges will always be billed for direct dial calls placed from your wireless phone. A long distance provider chosen by (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies, Inc. will provide your long distance. For all calls, the length of the call will be measured during the time that you are connected to our system, which is approximately from the time you press "Send" or other key to begin a call until approximately the time you press "End," or other key to terminate the call. Airtime usage on each call is deducted in full minute increments, with partial minutes of use rounded up to the next full minute. For calls placed in the United States, you will not be charged for busy or unconnected calls if you press "End" or "No" within 30 seconds. Unanswered calls lasting 30 seconds or more will be charged standard airtime and rounded up to the nearest minute. Call waiting, 3-way calling, call forwarding, voicemail will incur applicable airtime or roaming and wireless long distance charges. Please note you may be charged a higher rate for calls made off-network. You will be charged for any check or electronic bank draft returned for non-payment. Please refer to your rate card for details.
- B. Account Balance. All charges incurred will be deducted automatically from your account. Any amounts loaded into your account are not transferable or refundable. You should take reasonable efforts to safeguard your Phone and replenishment airtime cards. No refunds or other compensations will be given for returned, expired, lost, damaged, or stolen cards. Amounts deposited to your account expire between 30 to 180 days depending on card denomination. However, if additional amounts are placed into your account before the current account balance expires, the existing balance will be carried over to the new expiration date. If new amounts are not added to your account prior to the expiration date any remaining amounts will be forfeited. Your account will be canceled if there is no usage (billable or non-billable) or if the balance remains as $0 for 30 consecutive days or more and you may be required to pay a fee to resume service. Credit card replenishment is available; limitations apply. In some instances you may be able to complete a call when the billing functionality is interrupted. When this occurs you will not receive correct balance information. All calls, however, will be deducted from your account and the balance updated when the billing functionality is operable. You are responsible for all data usage sent through our network and associated with the Device, regardless of whether the Device actually receives the information. For JOLT Unlimited MONTH plan only: Airtime expiration is 30 days from date loaded onto your phone. To ensure uninterrupted service, you are required to recharge your account every 30 days. Your account will be canceled if the balance remains at $0 for 20 consecutive days or more.
- C. Use of Service/Rates. Your Service rates and other charges and conditions for each Number or Phone are described in the replenishment card packaging, at our website at www.JOLTmobile.com, and in the "Sales Information" (the user guide and other printed materials provided by us either in the Starter Kit you received when submitting your Device for use with the Service or in the packaging of the Device you purchased to be used with the Service) you received, each of which is a part of this Agreement. You can place domestic and international calls from the U.S. to certain designated international locations. The prepaid per minute rates are based on the value purchased. International rates vary and are subject to change. Call Customer Care (at the number listed on our website or in your replenishment card packaging) or visit www.JOLTmobile.com for international rates and available countries. You cannot use the Service to place calls to 500, 700, 855, 900 or 976 numbers; or to place operator-assisted calls such as third-party-billed, and collect calls. Rates for calls to directory assistance are $3.00 per call plus airtime or roaming charges. You will be billed at domestic rates for 800, 888, 877, and 866 number calls. You are responsible for all taxes and surcharges associated with your use of the Service. Other than calls to 911, you can only make and receive calls when your account has a positive balance. Special dialing patterns may be required when making roaming calls. Some locations require a credit card to complete a call; these rates will be higher. When in these areas, you will not be able to receive calls. Prepaid wireless service is not available for purchase or use in all areas. When using Call Waiting or Three-Way Calling, you will incur two simultaneous airtime charges and if you disconnect from a conference call while the other two parties remain connected, you will continue to incur airtime charges for all calls. For JOLT unlimited MONTH plan only: Directory assistance, International Calling, Call Forwarding, 3-way Calling and Roaming are NOT available for JOLT unlimited MONTH plan. Nationwide long distance included within the 50 states, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands.
- D. Default/Termination. If you breach any representation to us or fail to perform any of the promises you made in the Agreement, you will be in default and we may, without notice to you, suspend Service and/or terminate this Agreement, in addition to all other remedies available to us.
- E. Account Information. Any person able to provide your Number and personal identification number is authorized by you to make changes to your account. You consent to disclosure of any information about you to any person as permitted by law if any Device programmed with your Number calls an emergency service number such as 911 or, if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
- F. CPNI Consent. Under federal law, you have a right, and we have a duty, to protect the confidentiality of information about the amount, type, and destination of your wireless service usage (CPNI). You consent to us sharing your CPNI with (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies, Inc., its affiliates and its contractors, to develop or bring to your attention any products and services. This consent survives the termination of your Service and is valid until you remove it. To remove this consent at any time, notify us in writing at (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies, Inc. Attn: CPNI, P.O. Box 811160 Los Angeles, CA 90081, providing your name, home address, home telephone including area code, and personal identification number. Removing consent will not affect your current Service.
You agree that the JOLT Mobile MONTH plan are to be used for voice and SMS messaging only between two individuals. You agree that the Service is not to be used for any type of monitoring service, data transmission, transmission of recorded material or broadcasts, call forwarding, conference calling or other use that does not consist of uninterrupted live voice or SMS messaging between two individuals. (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies may terminate or suspend Service or change your plan to one that does not offer unlimited Service if (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies determines that you are using the unlimited Service offer in an unauthorized manner as described in this section. (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies will make best efforts to give prior notice before taking any above action and you may terminate the unlimited Service.
- A. UNLIMITED Voice Services. UNLIMITED DOES NOT MEAN UNREASONABLE USE. UNLIMITED voice services are provided solely for live dialog between two individuals. UNLIMITED voice services may not be used for conference calling, 3-way calling, call forwarding, monitoring services, data transmissions, transmission of broadcasts, transmission of recorded material, or other connections that do not consist of uninterrupted live dialog between two individuals. If (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies finds that you are using an UNLIMITED voice service offering for anything other than live dialog between two individuals, (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies may at its option terminate your service or change your plan to one with no UNLIMITED usage components. (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies will NOT provide notice that it intends to take any of the above actions, and you may terminate the Agreement.
- B. UNLIMITED Text Services. UNLIMITED DOES NOT MEAN UNREASONABLE USE. UNLIMITED text services are provided solely for live messaging purposes between two individuals. UNLIMITED text services may not be used for Premium SMS which utilizes short codes, SMS chat programs, monitoring services, data transmissions, or other connections that do not consist of uninterrupted live messaging purposes between two individuals. If (NET) NETWORK ENHANCED TECHNOLOGIES finds that you are using an UNLIMITED text service offering for anything other than live messaging purposes between two individuals, (NET) NETWORK ENHANCED TECHNOLOGIES may at its option terminate your service or change your plan to one with no UNLIMITED usage components. (NET) NETWORK ENHANCED TECHNOLOGIES will provide notice that it intends to take any of the above actions, and you may terminate the service with (NET) NETWORK ENHANCED TECHNOLOGIES. Text messages are limited to 160 characters per message. Premium text messages are NOT permitted under UNLIMITED Text Services. Picture/video messages are currently NOT available for JOLT Mobile subscribers. JOLT Mobile UNLIMITED currently supports international text messaging. (NET) NETWORK ENHANCED TECHNOLOGIES does not guarantee delivery of messages and reserves the right to change this offer as needed without notification. Text messages, including downloaded content, not delivered within 7 days will be deleted. (NET) NETWORK ENHANCED TECHNOLOGIES reserves the right to change this delivery period as needed without notification. You are charged for each part of messages that are delivered to you in multiple parts. When a single message is sent to multiple recipients, the sender is charged for one message for each recipient and each recipient is charged for the message received.
The parties intend that the limitations on liability, warranty and damage awards provided for in this Agreement will apply to the fullest extent allowed by law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the waiver, limitation or exclusion of liability for punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or for intentional or willful conduct in some circumstances. To the extent that applicable law does not permit any of these limitations, they will not apply to you.
V. RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES
- A. Limitation of Liability. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANOTHER SERVICE PROVIDER OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF SERVICES RELATED TO USE OF THE DEVICE OR SERVICE, FOR INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH YOUR DEVICE, LACK OF PRIVACY OR SECURITY EXPERIENCED WHEN USING THE DEVICE, EQUIPMENT FAILURE OR MODIFICATION, OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR FREE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY HACKERS OR DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACKS). WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR SERVICE OUTAGES, NOR FOR SERVICE LIMITATIONS OR INTERRUPTIONS, AS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPH 1.C ABOVE. OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF ANY UNDERLYING CARRIER FOR ANY FAILURE OR MISTAKE SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED OUR SERVICE CHARGES DURING THE AFFECTED PERIOD. (NET) Network Enhanced Technologies, Inc., AND ANY UNDERLYING CARRIER ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS LOST PROFITS. YOU AND WE BOTH WAIVE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, ANY CLAIMS TO RECOVER INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. WE AND ANY UNDERLYING CARRIER ARE NOT LIABLE FOR (i) ECONOMIC LOSS OR INJURIES TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY ARISING FROM USE OF THE SERVICE, THE DEVICE OR ANY EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE DEVICE UNLESS CAUSED BY OUR SOLE AND GROSS NEGLIGENCE, OR (ii) THE INSTALLATION OR REPAIR OF THE DEVICE BY ANY PARTIES WHO ARE NOT OUR EMPLOYEES. THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT
- B. Indemnification. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD US, OUR AFFILIATES AND AGENTS AND ANY OTHER SERVICE PROVIDER, HARMLESS FROM CLAIMS OR DAMAGES RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR PROMISES OR STATEMENTS MADE IN IT AND USE OF THE DEVICE OR SERVICE UNLESS DUE TO OUR SOLE AND GROSS NEGLIGENCE. YOU ALSO AGREE TO PAY OUR REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' AND EXPERT WITNESS FEES AND COSTS INCURRED IN ENFORCING THIS AGREEMENT THROUGH APPEAL EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN PARAGRAPH 5, BELOW. USE OF YOUR DEVICE WHILE OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE OR IN ANOTHER DISTRACTED OR NEGLIGENT MANNER MAY BE PROHIBITED, OR RESTRICTED BY LAW IN SOME AREAS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONFORM TO ALL SUCH LAWS OR REGULATIONS AND YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY US FROM CLAIMS ARISING FROM ANY SUCH UNLAWFUL OR NEGLIGENT USE. THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- C. No Warranties. WE MAKE NO EXPRESS WARRANTY REGARDING THE SERVICE OR THE DEVICE OR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY ANY THIRD PARTIES, AND DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT AUTHORIZE ANYONE TO MAKE ANY WARRANTY ON OUR BEHALF AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH STATEMENT. WE ARE NOT THE MANUFACTURER OF THE DEVICE AND ANY STATEMENT REGARDING IT SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS A WARRANTY. THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS RIGHTS THAT YOU MAY OTHERWISE HAVE. IT PROVIDES FOR RESOLUTION OF MOST DISPUTES THROUGH ARBITRATION INSTEAD OF COURT TRIALS AND CLASS ACTIONS. ARBITRATION IS FINAL AND BINDING AND SUBJECT TO ONLY VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT. THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.